Are you struggling to let go of a friendship that just didn’t work out? Do you wonder what went wrong and whether or not it’s worth trying to salvage the relationship? If so, affirmations can help.
Experiencing rational fears of investing time and energy into a friendship after the demise of a toxic one is natural, and affirmations can help you overcome these feelings.
This article will discuss how affirmations can help you let go of a toxic friendship and open the door to a new chapter in your life. We will also provide a list of positive affirmations for letting go that you can use to support your journey.
Positive Statements through the healing process
1.In this present moment, I do not blame myself for this friendship not working out.
2. My past experiences with friendships ending negatively do not define my future relationships.
3. My mind is a powerful tool. I will not continue to entertain negative thoughts or doubts about my ability to let go and move on.
4. The best way I know how to forgive myself is by owning my actions in the friendship and moving on.
5. My mental health doesn’t deserve to be sacrificed for toxic friendships.
6. I will not relive past mistakes by holding on to a friendship that no longer serves me.
7. I am letting go of the guilt for not giving this friendship another chance to work.
8. I will take a deep breath when I receive unsolicited updates about the life of my former friend and affirm that it’s okay not to respond.
9. I can still have positive thoughts about someone I’m no longer friends with and still go forward with my life without them.
10. I will not associate all human beings as the same person I’m no longer friends with.
11. Ending a toxic relationship deserves to be celebrated, mourned, and honored because it taught me much.
12. The flow of life doesn’t end just because one friend has. I have so much love to give to someone else.
13. The end of a relationship doesn’t mean it’s the end of me.
14. I may be going through a difficult time, but I have remaining friends that deserve my time and energy.
15. Positive memories of that friendship will not trigger me to feel lonely and depressed.
16. I will not struggle to pull away from someone who treated our friendship like a transaction.
17. I am making the positive changes I need because moving on from a friendship is nothing to be ashamed of
18. I have a brighter future now that I affirm my right to let go and move on without looking back.
19. I affirm that the negative emotions that come up when I think of this person are normal and will pass.
Read more articles on friendship
List of Affirmations for Moving Forward
21. I affirm that I am ready to open myself up to new, nourishing friendships and relationships that will bring out the best in me.
22. I will make the conscious decision to reduce the bitterness in my heart at the idea of a budding friendship.
23. I have a great way of attracting the right kind of people into my life, and I affirm that I will soon find new friends that reciprocate my positive energy.
24. I am moving in the right direction by not bringing baggage and resentment into my new friendships.
25. I will let go of the guilt from missing this friend, even if we weren’t good for each other.
26. I am letting go of control by seeking validation and affirming that it is okay to set healthy boundaries with people.
27. I can continue life as a happy person even if I miss my old friend.
28. I affirm my right to move forward and to let go of my fears of getting hurt again.
29. I cannot hold on to a person and that failed relationship while moving forward.
30. I deserve to experience good things with good people who genuinely are as invested in getting to know me as I am in getting to know them.
31. I will no longer entertain my mind with regrets of that person when there are new people eager to befriend me.
32. In this chapter of friendship, I am letting go of my need to fix everything.
33. I crave time with people who make me happy and reciprocate my positive energy.
34. I am letting go of the things that make me question if finding a deep friendship is possible.
35. I deserve friendships with reciprocated respect and awareness to be there for me when I need it.
36. Toxic thoughts about people are not ones that do not need to live rent-free in my mind.
37. I have released all anger and let go of past grudges from those I used to call my friend.
38. I embrace all the positive feelings I experience when meeting up with a new friend.
39. I have inner peace and believe that new friendships are possible, no matter the circumstances.
Best Affirmations for letting go of past relationships
Letting go of someone you considered a friend is tricky, no matter how you slice it. But, whether things ended rather dramatically or you outgrew each other, experiencing fear of the unknown is natural when opening yourself up to new friendships.
But suppose you’re someone that enjoys the support affirmations offer you. In that case, utilizing the above ones should help you affirm your confidence in moving forward and embracing the new chapter of friendship that is ahead.
Leave a comment below if a particular affirmation stuck out to you.