If you’re like me, then you know thanksgiving can trigger a slew of emotions for you.
It’s the first time in a long time where you’re seeing family all at once. It can be nerve-racking.
No one wants to feel uncomfortable on thanksgiving-or receive an unsolicited comment from a family member stating how much your body has changed.
Anyone can relate to this? These body positivity quotes are for you to keep in your phone, your back pocket, or written on your hand.
They are there to empower you, we can’t control what others say to us but we can control how we respond and what thoughts we internalize about ourselves.
For the person who is reading this, you are beautiful and your body is beautifully made with intention.
The comments you’ll receive are from people who more than likely received similar comments to them.
It’s not about you.
*Some affiliate links are used, which means, if you purchased something, I may earn a commission.*
Below, you will find a variety of body-positive quotes for women. They are there to amplify the words of validation you need.
Some of these quotes will be from women who can more than relate to struggling with body image. I in no way want to you think that this list of quotes includes people that I consider flawless.
The beauty of these quotes is that they are the opposite. No amount of money or status can remove insecurities because all women have them.
Enjoy the inspirational quotes that are meant to help you during your most triggered moments-on Thanksgiving.
Another great form of collecting great quotes is reading books that affirm you. I will be diving deeper into these books in a later post.
And if you really end up enjoying these quotes, check out my Good Morning Affirmations Blog Post, I know you’ll enjoy those as well.
2. “One day I decided that I was beautiful and so I carried out my life as if I was a beautiful girl. It doesn’t have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see. “
3. “You are so much more than a body to be looked at. You were born to be real, not to be perfect. “
4. “For Young women, I would say, don’t worry so much about your weight. Girls spend way too much time thinking about that., and there are better things…what makes you different or weird, that’s your strength.”
5. ” I love my body and I would never change anything about it. I’m not asking you to like my body. I’m just asking you to let me be me. “
6. “Your body is glorious, as is.”
7. “Workout because you love your body not because you hate it.”
8. I will love myself more when I lose 10 pounds is a lie. Self-love with a condition is not self-love. It’s a contract.”
9. “Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like you love yourself.”
10.” Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do. Not a punishment for what you are.”
-Women’s Health UK
11. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on the scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters-on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”
12. “Stop trying to fix your body. It was never broken.”
13. “Your best weight is whatever weight you reach when you’re living your healthiest life you can actually enjoy.”
14. “When life gives you curves, flaunt them.”
15. “At the end of the day, we are all trying to feel comfortable in any type of size-plus size or not.”
16. “You wouldn’t want a steak that was nothing but bone, why would you want a woman that was?
17.” Plus size women shouldn’t think of themselves as a size. They should think of themselves as women with rich goals in their life. Size doesn’t mean, really anything. You can carry your size with pride and dress in a way that you like.”
18. “You know what’s healthier than kale? Having a good relationship with food.”
19. “You deserve to eat the food that gives you the energy to conquer the world.”
20. “Let kids and everyone eat how it works for them and have a balanced attitude towards food. I always say that no foods are bad,’ they just do different things for your body.”
There is enough attention spent on articles listing body-shaming quotes, I wanted this list to really resonate with you all and feel good about what you’re reading.
I hope you treat this like a practical life hack for when comments from those people about your body get too much.
Heck, you can reply with any one of these quotes and give them something to think about.
Also, I realized there’s a name for what people like to call this list. You’re more than welcome to call your quote something else.
I’ve heard of plus-size body positivity quotes, positive aesthetic quotes, inspirational quotes aesthetic, and most recently from another blog, relationship thick girl quotes.
Whatever you decide to call them, I just want you to walk away feeling empowered, because you’re shape or weight is glorious.
So, which body positivity quote or love your body quote will you be reciting to yourself this holiday season?