If you’ve ever gained weight, you know that it’s not always easy to deal with comments from other people. It seems like everyone has an opinion about how much you should weigh, especially, the aunties and grandmas in the family, and they love to share it with you!
One of the things that helped me is spinning it around with responses that not only empower me but also shame the person who made the comment in the first place.
In this blog post, we will discuss some good comebacks to use when someone makes a comment about your weight. We’ll also give you some tips on how to respond to these comments in a positive way. So read to gather some of the best sly remarks to make in response to those rude comments.
*Some affiliate links are used, which means, if you purchased something, I may earn a commission.*
Hurtful Comments About Weight
In an email to my subscribers, I talked about the importance of establishing this community as a body-positive one and we don’t have time for those who body shame us. Yet, when there are those people who make unsolicited comments on your appearance, that is where I have to draw the line.
First and foremost, you should never feel obligated to defend your weight or appearance to anyone. It’s not their business, and they have no right to make comments about it.
If you’re ever in a situation where someone makes a comment about your weight, that is hurtful, here are some witty replies you can give that will let the person know commenting on your appearance to worry less about your body.
Good Comebacks About Your Weight/Body Comments
“Oh, you getting big.”
1.” That’s an interesting observation. Do you make comments like this often?”
2. “Is there something you’d like to share with me? You seem really concerned about my weight.”
3. “I’m sorry, were you talking to me, or were you talking about yourself?”
4. “Yeah, I listen to my body when I’m hungry and stop when I’m full. What a concept! “
5. “Are you projecting right now? Because I’m not interested in hearing it.”
6. “Some things you should keep to yourself, commenting about my body is one of them.”
7. “I’m too busy taking care of myself to care what others think of me.”
What To Say When Your Partner or Husband Makes Comments About Weight
“You’re getting so big, you need to work that off.”
1. “That is incredibly hurtful and I would appreciate it if you didn’t speak to me like that. “
2. “The best thing you can do for me is to keep your comments to yourself.”
3. “How in any way is that building me up? You think tearing me down will motivate me?”
4. “Everyone’s body is different and that includes their metabolism. How is your body looking these days?
Witty Responses To Personal Questions Like Family Commenting On Weight
“Are you eating for two?” “You’ve gotten big since the last time I saw you!”
1. “Oh really, I’m just trying to catch up to you with your weight.”
2. “I’ll try to put on a little more so I can be like you.”
3. “You’re right, I have been putting on weight, good thing we have the same taste in clothes.”
4. “Don’t worry, I’m still larger than life.”
5. “It’s called curves, look it up sometime.”
6. “Are you done or are you finished because your comments about my body mean absolutely nothing to me?”
Quotes On Gaining Weight
Equipping you with some witty remarks for when someone comments on your weight is one thing, but knowing how to deal with these comments on a deeper level is another. If you’re struggling with self-love and body confidence, read my blog posts on self-love and body positivity found right here on the blog.
I hope this gives you more confidence about what to say when someone makes comments about your weight gain. Just remember, you are not obligated to explain or defend your weight to anyone. And most importantly, don’t let anyone else’s opinion of you affect how you feel about yourself.”