Self-Care isn’t this cookie-cutter perfect routine where you engage in a set of behaviors every day for the rest of your life, you’re guaranteed ease.
No, life happens and there are many stressors that are unplanned we do our best to remain cool but sometimes we need more than just inhaling and exhaling exercises. Positive affirmations for black women are not only necessary but in a lot of ways radical.
When you refuse to just take it, you are also making a loud statement that black women are not made to only persevere and keep it together as a strong united front.
Black women deserve ease as well.
In my radical self-care post, I mention how every bit of self-care is imperative when it comes to black women.
Our health literally depends on it. The strong black woman phrase can only go so far if we’re truly struggling to physically, emotionally, and mentally take good care of ourselves.
What Is An Affirmation?
Affirmations are written statements that one can say to themselves out loud or in their head. After a lot of repetition, many people find it helpful to just memorize the affirmation.
They are primarily used for those who need extra daily encouragement or to help manage life stressors.
In this case, these black girls’ daily affirmations can be used in the same way. You can say them in the comfort of your home, during a commute, in the bathroom at work, etc
With that being said, knowing that they were created by a black woman for black women should amplify the message that: YOU NEED YOU.
What is the most powerful word of affirmation?
Any word that you immediately connect with. You’ll know what you need when you read it.
Within this list, you’ll find manifestation affirmations, happy black woman quotes, black girl confidence, good morning affirmations, spiritual black woman quotes, queen affirmations, black self-love quotes, growth mindset affirmations, with even some positive black girl quotes.
There is something for every black woman on this list. You don’t have to look any further because the positive black women affirmations you need are right here.
Good Morning Affirmations for Women
1. I am my own dream and that is what I’m manifesting today.
2. I wake up and I am so grateful to be a black woman
3. I don’t care what anyone says, black women have the special sauce.
Black Women: Can’t touch this
5. I love being a black woman so much. I wouldn’t want to be anything else.
6. I’m not here to please anyone but myself because they’ll always have something they need to find fault with me.
7. When they tell me no, I say yes to myself.
Powerful Black Women Quotes
8. I am the creme de la creme. Black girl magic. I am all of the things.
9. There is nothing anyone can say that would make me feel less beautiful.
10. If someone stares too hard it’s because they are trying to process the magic that is me.
11. I am going to keep blowing my own mind because I am that girl.
12. Being a strong black woman is vocalizing that I need a break not how I can keep going for 50:11 hours.
13. I love myself unconditionally and will not question myself for doing so.
14. I was born with greatness inside of me and it’s time to show the world just how great I am.
Words of Affirmation For Black Women
15. I know my limits and I won’t ignore them. It doesn’t make me less strong for resting.
16. I deserve rest because I’m a black woman.
17. I am my children’s dream because I take such good care of myself.
18. I will not ignore the signs of burnout. My family needs me and I need them.
19. There is no one that has your back like a black woman. I’m grateful to be operating at that level of excellence today.
20. Existing in my truth is the only way I know how to live. That’s a brave and powerful thing.
21. I affirm that my voice matters and that I am worthy of being heard. So, hear my voice because I have something valuable to say.
Happy Black Women Affirmations
22. I love me. I love us. And I love how we simply innovate just from being.
23. I am going to celebrate myself and other black women even when no one else celebrates us.
24. That smile. My smile can literally turn the enemy away from messing with me.
25. Existing as a black woman is revolutionary.
26. I affirm that I am happy, healthy, and whole. Every day, in every way, I am getting better.
27. I am happy for the well-deserved growth and for saying goodbye to things that no longer serve me.
Happy Life, Black Girl Affirmations
28. I am that girl that will shake things up and for good reason. I’m unapologetic about it too.
29. That black woman glow is irrefutable. I’m a whole mood.
30. I am forever indebted to my self-care because my needs will always matter, not 60% of the time, 100% of the time.
31. Stress will not take me down. Self-care will build me up.
32. My hair is literally magic. What other woman you know can do the things with their hair like a black woman?
33. When you see a black woman and her hair, you are setting your eyes on royalty.
34. I am surrounded by people who love and support me, including my fellow queens.
35. To be black and happy is the norm, not the exception.
Build Confidence For Personal Growth Black Affirmations
36. I will not back down to condescending tones. I will state my opinion and they will listen.
37. I am so smart and there’s nothing too hard for me to pick up and learn.
38. My ancestors would be so proud of me for refusing to be quiet.
39. My dreams are loud and my future is bright.
40. Saying to a black woman, “that’s impossible”, is like telling someone that the sky is not blue. We were born to defy gravity and soar against all odds.
41. I am a capable, vibrant being that radiates success. I deserve every drop of happiness, love, and joy that comes my way.
Positive Affirmations For Women
This eclectic compiled list of affirmations was created to boost confidence in the black community, with the black queens who do so much for others but have a tendency to lose momentum with taking care of themselves.
I sincerely hope that these affirmations work and that you take something so powerful from them, that you pick up on the girl power theme.
When writing them, I wanted to find a great balance of tones inspired by the great Nina Simone, Toni Morrison, and Maya Angelou, with a modern Oprah Winfrey twist.
Tell me, which affirmation did you resonate with the most? If you’re in the mood for some additional mood-boosting affirmations, check out my list of Body Positivity quotes and Good Morning Affirmations.