75 Self-Care Saturday Ideas That Will Make You Excited to Relax
Self-care Saturdays are a great way to relax and rejuvenate after a long week. It’s a day for you to practice self-care without distraction.
Some of us may not have the time during the week to take care of ourselves, so dedicating a day to self-care is important. They can be whatever you want them to be, as long as they involve taking some time for yourself.
In this blog post, we will share 75 self-care Saturday ideas that will make you excited to relax! Whether you want to spend time with friends or a partner, take a nature walk, or indulge in some pampering, we have something for everyone.
What Do You Do for Self-Care on a Saturday?
Saturday self-care is all about taking care of YOU. It’s no different than any other day of the week when it comes to taking care of your physical, mental, and emotional needs.
However, dedicating a day to self-care can help you feel less guilty about taking time for yourself and can remind you how important it is to do so. Saturdays are synonymous with relaxation days and there’s nothing better than using that to your advantage by doing things that make you feel good.
Before we get into the different ways you can spend your self-care Saturday, let’s debunk some myths about self-care.
One myth is that self-care is selfish. This couldn’t be further from the truth! Caring for yourself allows you to be in a better headspace to take care of others. A stressed person is a person who runs the risk of burning out.
Another myth is that self-care has to be expensive. This is also not true! There are plenty of free or low-cost ways to take care of yourself. It’s all about taking the time to do things that make you feel good, regardless of the price tag.
The last myth we’ll debunk is that self-care is time-consuming. This may be true for some activities (such as getting a massage or taking a yoga class) but there are plenty of self-love Saturday practices that can be done in under five minutes (such as writing in a journal or taking a quick walk outside).
25 Free to Low-Cost Self-Care Ideas For The Perfect Weekend
1. Get new batteries for your toothbrush or change the brush head.
2. Wash your bed sheets and put on fresh, clean sheets.
3. Make yourself a healthy breakfast. Include protein, fruits, and vegetables.
4. Take a quick walk around the block or in your neighborhood. Soak up some Vitamin D!
5. Write in a journal for at least five minutes. You can write about anything that’s on your mind.
6. Do some spring cleaning in one area of your house or apartment. This can be your closet, bathroom, bedroom, or kitchen.
7. Call a friend or family member you haven’t talked to in a while. Catch up and see how they’re doing!
8. Plan out your week.
9. Do a quick workout. This could be anything from yoga to HIIT to pilates.
10. Look through your skincare products and give yourself the best at-home facial you can!
11. Take a relaxing bath. Add in some Epsom salts, essential oils, or a bubble bath for extra luxury.
12. Paint your nails or get a manicure/pedicure.
13. Take some time to meditate or do some breathing exercises.
14. Declutter your space. This can be your desk, car, room, or purse/bag.
15. Fill your cup with catching up on all of the self-care content right here on KBIB.
16. Purchase some plant fertilizer for your indoor plants.
17. Repeat these self-care activities for self-care Sunday.
18. Rearrange items in your bathroom to make it as relaxing as you can without buying anything.
19. Create a self-care jar.
20. Read a self-help book that’s been on your nightstand for months.
21. Clean out your underwear drawer and throw out anything that’s old or doesn’t fit.
22. Get a proper bra fitting.
23. Make a romantic dinner for yourself and eat it outside on your balcony or patio.
24. Answer some self-love shadow work prompts in your notebook or journal.
25. Make a smoothie for breakfast using your favorite summer fruits and vegetables and add one anti-inflammatory item.
25 Unique Self-Care Ideas
1. Download the dictionary app and commit to learning a new word each day.
2. Go to a professional black-owned salon and dye your hair a color you’ve always wanted to try.
3. Plant flowers or herbs in pots on your front porch or balcony.
4. Have a picnic in your backyard or at a nearby park.
5. If you wear glasses, invest in a new pair or get your current pair cleaned and updated.
6. Get a new book from your favorite genre and dedicate 30 minutes to reading it.
7. Take a break from social media and disconnect from technology for a few hours.
8. Visit your local farmer’s market and buy some fresh produce that you usually don’t cook with.
9. Do some research on different self-care practices and find one that interests you to try out.
10. Buy a few meditation gifts for yourself to make your practice more enjoyable.
11. Set some financial goals for yourself, this book is a great step.
12. Make a list of things you want to accomplish in the next month, six months, and year.
13. Redecorate a space in your home where you create a happy and calming environment.
14. Make a period self-care gift basket for yourself.
15. Bake some homemade banana bread.
16. Get dressed up and take yourself out dancing!
17. Visit a new city or town, even if it’s just for the day.
18. Throw away foods that don’t give you energy in your pantry or cabinets and replenish them with healthy items.
19. Sign up for a free trial on an app workout program.
20. Purchase some memory foam pillows for your bedroom.
21. Find some black people recipes you want to try.
22. Learn about different teas and their benefits and purchase a few to have on hand.
23. Follow a tik tok recipe developer account and try one of their recipes.
24. Complete a black archive puzzle.
25. Invest in some zero waste shaving cream.
25 Virtual Self Care Ideas for The Ultimate Treat Yourself Weekend
1. Find an online self-care group on Facebook to join.
2. Conduct some hashtag research on Instagram to find self-care posts from content creators you love and follow their accounts.
3. Follow some new self-care accounts on Pinterest and save pins that inspire you
4. Create a Spotify playlist with all of your favorite self-care songs.
5. Purchase an affirmation book from our online store.
6. Join a 21-Day Self Care Challenge.
7. Purchase a wellness calendar that lists all of the self-care and health holidays.
8. Order your favorite take-out meal and have it delivered to your doorstep.
9. Purchase some affordable summer dresses.
10. Color in an online mandala.
11. Take an online yoga class.
12. Make a list of things you’re grateful for each day and post it on your Instagram story.
13. Record yourself reading your favorite self-love affirmations to yourself
14. Create a vision board on Pinterest
15. Tune in to your favorite black woman podcasts.
16. Watch Youtube reviews on new self-care products you’ve been wanting to try.
17. Catch up on all the episodes of your favorite Netflix show.
18. Take an online bath bomb-making class.
19. Check your audible credits and purchase some new book releases.
20. Start a blog or Youtube channel documenting your self-care journey.
21. Attend a virtual book club meeting and discuss your current read.
22. Have a movie marathon with your favorite black films.
23. Create a dating profile and have your closest friends weigh in on your profile photos.
24. Unsubscribe to emails you no longer want to receive.
25. Schedule some time for yourself each day on your google calendar and make sure to stick to it!
Prioritize your mental health this weekend by implementing some (or all!) of these self-care Saturday ideas! You deserve to relax and recharge, so pick out a few activities that sound fun to you and get started! Whether you’re flying solo or spending time with loved ones, we hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Self-care days of the week can be changed to any day. You can do it on any day and make it a thing to put on your calendar like self-care Friday. What’s more, you can adapt these to Saturday night ideas.
Self-care is so important for our mental health and well-being, so make sure to take some time for yourself this weekend!