We all know that self-love is key, but sometimes we need a gentle reminder of why it’s so important. These 60 self-love reminders are perfect for black women who want to boost their self-confidence and feel more positive about themselves while quoting powerful statements.
Read them on repeat, bookmark this page, or print them out and put them somewhere you’ll see them every day. Let these powerful statements be your daily motivation to love yourself just the way you are!
Powerful Tools to Help You on Your Self-Love Journey
1. Your past mistakes are not the end of your story.
2. Choosing you is the right decision to make.
3. Let your mental health be a constant reminder to take care of yourself.
4. Saying no is a complete sentence.
5. If the others are having a hard time with you setting boundaries, they will be just fine.
6. A negative belief that you can’t do something is just a thought – not a fact.
7. Taking deep breaths is your lungs’ way of saying ‘thank you for taking care of me.
8. Exercise because you love your body, not because you hate it.
9. At the end of the day, your own remarkable journey is worth celebrating.
10. Your new relationship with yourself is an ever-evolving one.
11. Loving yourself includes giving you some wiggle room to figure out who you are.
12. Allow the smallest thing to remind you of how powerful you are.
13. Love yourself in the best way but also with sufficient grace and self-compassion.
14. Breaking generational curses starts with self-love.
15. You don’t have to earn love, you are worthy of love.
Reminding Yourself of Your Worth Quotes
16. Having a bad day does not mean you should back away from self-love.
17. Being your own best friend means unlearning a lot of self-hate.
18. Being a good person is a construct that you should define for yourself.
19. Your best self consists of a lot of self-love and self-care.
20. Negative thoughts around self-love does nothing but feed self-doubt.
21. Your greatest endeavor is reminding yourself to take your time with ease.
22. Self-Love means different things to different people and that’s okay.
23. Experiencing pure happiness doesn’t come from anyone or anything else but self-love.
24. Making the right decision begins with honoring your needs.
25. Just like good books can take you on an adventure, self-love can too.
26. Being everyone’s superwoman leaves little quality time for yourself.
27. Remember, you are just as worthy of self-love when you’re at your worst.
28. A singular person or persons cannot make you feel complete.
29. Take ownership of your life and happiness by pouring every bit of self-love into experiences that make you feel good.
30. Words of wisdom can be as simple as saying to yourself each day, I love and accept myself.
A Reminder To My Self Quotes
31. That healthy relationship you crave with others means nothing if you don’t have one with yourself first.
32. Great days are signs that indicate your self-love is working.
33. A self-care routine should be enjoyable not something you dread.
34. Survival has made you strong but self-love will make you unstoppable.
35. Every single day counts when it comes to self-love.
36. A bubble bath is great but positive self-talk is even better for the soul.
37. It’s a big deal to honor your needs daily and not as an emergency response to stress.
38. Positive vibes only work when self-love is a priority.
39. Self, the entire universe is conspiring for your good.
40. Your self-love journey is not one to be taken lightly.
41. You don’t anyone a single explanation for why your self-love is self-centered.
42. Not everyone deserves an update from you, self-love means keeping some things to yourself.
43. You’ve spent so long entertaining others and avoiding yourself but now it’s time to focus on intentional healing.
44. The love you’ve been craving in others was with you the entire time.
45. Your self-love breakthrough is going to be so worth the wait.
Friendly Reminder Quotes
46. “Validation is for parking. It isn’t a box you are required to check that confirms your sense of self.” -Rachel Andrea
47. “You may not have clarity right now, but are kaleidoscopes clear? Nah. But they turn out to display some pretty beautiful works of art when you open your eyes. Trust the process.”-Kamaria
48. “You don’t have to go anyone else’s pace. You’ve enjoyed this journey, this is learning. Look at your beautiful mind still grasping for more truth. -Chantelle Doswell
49. “Sometimes I hesitate to stand in my light, but I rather blind the world with my brilliance than comfort it with my dimness.”-Brandi Keeler
50. “Remember that you’re a survivor, relentless, a child of The Creator. Remember your purpose.”-Shayna Johnson
51. “Perhaps on this day that you decided to express your truths, you begin to see that you’re so deserving of a loving reality. -Tajhae
52. “Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed thing was another.-Toni Morrison
53. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” – Rumi
54. “You don’t have to move the whole mountain. Just find a path upwards.”-Unknown
55. “You don’t need to carry everything for everybody.”-Unknown
56. “Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.”-Beyonce
57. “You cannot live to please everyone else. You have to edify, educate and fulfill your own dreams and destiny.” -Viola Davis
58. “It’s time for you to move, realizing that the thing you are seeking is also seeking you.” — Iyanla Vanzant
59. “Yes, I do have a big ego … and I am in love with myself … Because if you don’t love yourself how can anybody love you back?” – Mel B
60. “When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.” ― Oprah Winfrey
Self-love is so important for black women everywhere. We have to remind ourselves each day that we are worthy of love and happiness. These self-love reminders will help you along your journey to self-acceptance and self-care.
Print them out, put them on your mirror, or set them as daily alarms on your phone. Whatever you do, make sure you see them and read them every day. self-love is so important, and you deserve nothing less than the best.
Did you enjoy these new affirmations? What other things would you add to the list? Let us know in the comments below! And don’t forget to share this post with a friend who could use a little self-love today. 🙂 until next time, keep loving yourself first and foremost.